Thursday 4 February 2016

Beast

(For my friend)

If I could save you, albeit briefly
Nothing would stand in my way.
If I could force you to see the sunlight,
Strength and shine you softly simmer
Into people’s lives. And make you
Believe it. You would be unstoppable.

If I could take away that dirty germ
That cackles in your head (malicious)
And be your friend, mother, sister, all
In place of that unjust beast, I would.
There is nothing you cannot do,
And I will never stop reminding you.

There is a gentle humming of angel's wings
Above my head, like weightless wind chimes
And it is you who keeps the music playing
You who keeps me in the realms of sanity.
If I could cleanse you, help you sleep,
Take away your sigh, keep you strong,
Warm your heart, calm you down-
If I could be your angel, I’d risk

Even the bumpiest fall back to earth.




Listen here: Beast





No comments:

Post a Comment